Just wanted to share some good news — I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award!
The Liebster is a blogger recognition award where fellow bloggers nominate each other with the purpose of introducing others to new and interesting blogs.
I want to thank the fabulous Amy Hughes at musclemattersblog.com for nominating me. Amy has a fantastic blog about fitness, exercise, and motivation to achieve your goals. I particularly love her slogan — no quick fixes, just hard work! She has provided a great kick in the seat to get me back to the gym and on the road to a fitter me. Thank you Amy!
Amy provided 5 questions for me to answer. They are…
1) What is your next goal for your blog?
My goal has been to provide a resource for people to improve their baking skills so I would like to build my blog and use it as a launch pad to start an organization to teach young, disadvantaged people how to bake so they can develop a marketable set of skills.
2) What is your favorite social media platform to promote your blog and why?
This is hard but I would have to say Facebook. It is not the easiest for me — I have many more followers on other platforms — but it provides an opportunity to engage a bit more with followers and I like that.
3) What would you consider your biggest “win” in terms of your blog since you began?
I’m just happy that there is a small, growing group of people interested in what I have to say! It takes effort to put yourself out there and produce good content every week and I am happy that it is finding resonance with people.
4) What is your biggest pet peeve?
Oh, I have so many! Ha ha. I live in NYC so one of the biggest has to be people walking down the street who are so busy on their phones that they can’t pay attention to where they’re going. It’s a symptom of how disconnected we’ve become from each other.
5) What is your all-time favorite movie and why?
Oh boy. This is difficult. I would have to say “The Wizard of Oz”. This movie has stood the test of time and it’s message is just as true now as it was almost 80 years ago. We watch this movie now and the sets are dated and the special effects are simplistic but somehow it doesn’t matter. We can still be transported to a different place with Dorothy and get caught up in the story just like we did when we were kids.
The best part of being a recipient of this award is that I get to nominate 5 of my fellow bloggers! My picks are…
Needa at travelmyjourney.com
Jhilmil at mommyinme.com
David at singledadsguidetolife.com
Andrea at followourpassion.com
Lori at redheadcorner.com
Here are the rules my fellow nominees!
1. On your blog, thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Link back to the blogger that awarded you.
3. Upload the award to your blog. This can be done by writing a post about the award, and uploading the award image in your sidebar.
4. Answer the questions you have been asked by your nominator in a blog post so we can get to know you better.
5. Nominate 5 blogs with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve to receive this award.
6. Notify the owners of those 5 blogs that you’ve nominated them so they can accept their award. Bloggers can be nominated more than once, giving their readers more chances to learn more about them.
And here are my 5 questions for my fellow bloggers!
1 What is your favorite part of blogging? What is your least favorite?
2 When you need some down time how do you relax?
3. Where do you see you and your blog a year from now?
4. What is the most discouraging part of blogging and what inspires you to keep going?
5. Who is your favorite artist — music, photography, cinema, etc, — and why?
I’m looking forward to reading your answers! Thank you again to Amy for my nomination!